Tybee Lighthouse License Plate
FOR GEORGIA RESIDENTS ONLY Introducing the Tybee Lighthouse License Plate!! But we need your help! 1,000 tags need to be pre-sold before this bill can proceed next year.
- This is a $25 donation to the Tybee Island Lighthouse Tag Fund. We must receive 1,000 $25 dollar donations by December 31, 2021 to help bill number HB203 pass in January 2022.
- If the bill passes this $25 donation will be deducted from the $55 tag fee when you purchase your tag. Your remaining balance will be $30 after the bill passes, which you will pay directly to the DMV.
- If the bill does not pass your $25 will be considered a donation to the Tybee Island Historical Society.
- This $55 tag fee will need to be renewed every year. $10 of this tag fee will go to the Tybee Island Historical Society every year.
- Please make sure that the address you use is the same one that is used on your annual motor vehicle registration. This will ensure your collection of the $25 credit. If your billing address is different, please add the correct address in the note section in the shopping cart.
- You may mail us a check made out to Tybee Island Historical Society, P.O. Box 366, Tybee Island, GA 31328 for $25 if you would prefer. Please state that it is for the Tag Fund in the memo line.
- You may also come into the Tybee Island Light Station Gift Store and place your donation/order there.
- Please note that we will add a $2.00 fee to the $25 online donation to cover all processing fees associated with your online sale.
Please continue to check our website for updates on the progress as we move forward.
A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Code Section 40-2-86 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to special license plates promoting or supporting certain worthy agencies, funds, or nonprofit corporations with proceeds disbursed to the general fund and the agency, fund, or nonprofit corporation, so as to establish a specialty license plate to benefit the Tybee Island Historical Society; to provide for related matters; to provide for compliance with constitutional requirements; to provide for an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.
Thank you to State Representative Jesse Petrea for introducing this bill!